10 March 2009

Birthday 4x4 Trip

Thank you for the birthday wishes and feed back! Much appreciated! I decided that if it is meant to be the Lord will make it happen because you are all right, wouldn't know for sure what I was getting and if it was the wrong thing that could be bad. So for now....not gonna do it.

My birthday was so fun! I turned my phone off and headed out of town. Allen and I went down to Manti to have dinner with Allen's little brother then go on a short 4x4 trip. We just went up on the hill behind the Manti Temple. With the loose dirt and huge rocks it was bound to be fun. I don't know if our dogs liked it but Allen had a blast and that kind of stuff recharges him for the daily grind. Love that man!
On the way to the top we had to stop and test the flex. Found out that for bone stock Allen's truck does really well. :-) He was excited about it anyway, but I guess that's what matters.

This is the spot Allen's brother brought us up to just to see if a full size truck could make it. :-O

Allen tried...and tried...and tried but to no avail. :-( Even with his brother up there telling him which way to go to make sure he didn't smack important stuff on big rocks. I guess I shouldn't have cropped him out of this one. At this point I had Skunk and Rio out of the vehicle with me. For their safety and Allen's. They really like to try and help drive. Tank was in the Jeep. Allen's sis-in-law is due in May so it wouldn't be so good to take her on such a bumpy trip. They drove around the back side where the road was a lot smoother.

Anywho, could't make it over the ledge of rocks so Al took the alternative road to bypass the rocky ledge. As you can see, it wasn't much better. But there wasn't any huge rocks to climb over.

At the top. I guess I'm kind of a wuss, I walked up the mountain. It was okay though I need the exercise :-P and Skunk and Rio both need to start getting their paws used to stuff other than carpet, especially with good weather on the way.

Here's a picture of "My Temple" from the top. I wasn't kidding when I said behind the Temple. I got to see the quarry where they got all the rock to build "My Temple". :-) I wish I would've got a picture of that. It's nothin' fancy but--you know how it is, it has to do with "My Temple".

I know it's a little strange but on our way back down the guys had to get out and look at a wash and discuss whether or not we could make it (I assume that's what the conversation entailed anyway). This sparkly flag is hanging on the rear view and I just had to take a picture cuz it was sparklin' in my eyes and they talked for a long time. Anyone who knows me well at all knows that I have a fetish for sparkly things. And it was really pretty because there was a breeze blowing through the truck so it was just barely moving and sparkling like crazy.

So we went back to their place cleaned up the dinner mess and headed home. The "kids" were exhausted. So they slept all the way home. It was kind of nice having my lap to myself.

This is just a picture of my birthday coming to a close. We had a lot of fun and got to spend time in the sun together (my favorite thing) doing one of Allen's favorite activities. Honestly the real reason we went down is because a couple weeks ago a trip got canceled and Allen was really bummed. He's just getting into this 4x4 club (I think it's great--he needs a hobby and a way to make more friends!) and wanting to get out there and go on trips and see who has the biggest, baddest and toughest 4x4. So for my birthday we both wanted out of the house and I like to go do "guy stuff" (part of the reason he married me I think). Oh yeah, and I got to take pictures!!! I love to do that!!! You wouldn't believe how many pictures I have on my computer, mostly of dogs but that's who I spend most of my time with.

P.S. Turns out 31st birthday...mmm....just another day.

2 comments:

Matt N Camie Family said...

Sounds like soo much fun! I am glad you had a good birthday!! I am glad to hear you aren't gonna take that stuff off the internet too! I was stressing! hehe It will work out! :) It is so hard to sit back and "wait" for the lord's time on things though!! Every time I get a blessing for my health issues, the blessing is always... you will have the strength to endure... well, I don't want to endure anymore but I guess that is not in his plans for me either! hehe Anywho, I dunno why I put that but I am hoping it will help you to see you aren't alone. :) Love you bunches! :)

Carrie said...

i love the view of "your temple" from that mnt. top! i am thinkin it was worth the 4x4 drive up there. back in my young days (lol) i used to enjoy a little 4x4in. but now i git skeered! :) my sis amy got married in that temple. she went to snow colledge so it is very near and dear to her heart. it is BEAUTY FULL! i too am glad to hear that you are not going to take the online drugs. a bit too risky i think. i know that it is sooo frustrating. i am sure you feel as if you would do ANYTHING it takes. and that is sooo understandable.
i love the sparkly flag pic! i love that you like sparkly things :)
here's to the next 31 years ;)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!