15 March 2009

Newest Addition to the Family












A while ago we found out that Tank's brother needed a new home. We looked around for one but it was useless. Everyone who wanted a dog already had one and didn't want another. Some were interested for a minute but then decided against it. So we finally decided we would just get him from the previous owner because they didn't want him and if they didn't want him they obviously weren't taking care of his needs. Anywho, so we had Keith (Al's bro) pick him up for us on his way to our house (tell you why in a minute).
As soon as we saw him we fell in love with the little guy. He looks so similar to Tank but at the same time so different. After Keith dropped him off before picking his son up we called the former owner to find out what we could because she gave no iformation to Keith. Come to find out he has had no shots (pet peave, if you're going to own a pet...take care of it. If you can't or don't want to and won't...give it to someone who will.) and is starting to come when called by name, and is not really house trained. Talk about sad! He's 15 weeks old, and not really sure of his name. Well, kind of a bonus for us because we think he had been disiplined too harshly (wet himself when we would reach for him sometimes) so we changed his name so it will be a positive thing when called. He is a cute little thing and has totally claimed Allen.
Now though, the need to find a new home for Rio is more urgent. So if anyone knows someone who is looking for a small dog and he would be an only dog let me know-oh yeah, it would have to be someone who would take really good care of him.

So, the reason Keith was coming up is because Allen and him were going on a 4x4 trip with the guys from their 4x4 forum. Keith and his son were in his Jeep, and Al and myself and our 4 small dogs in Al's truck. That was fun! But we (I) couldn't leave them home because we didn't know how long we were going to be gone and with a dog we don't know too well yet, we wanted to be able to keep a pretty close eye on him. It honestly wasn't too bad though, I don't think they enjoyed getting jarred and jostled as much as they got, but it was probably worth it because they did get to get out and run around quite a bit.
It turned out pretty fun and I can't wait to go on the next trip with them! I just better do a better job with the camera or I might get fired! :-P The pictures are of Allen going in and doing some "tumblewheeln". If I would've been thinking more quickly I would've videoed the whole things. OOPS!! Sorry about the video being sideways...that's what happens when amateurs (me) get behind the camera. :) This was only the cherry on top of the trip though they did do some rock crawlin' and stuff up a trail, this was just something we passed on our way out and someone had went through here in Jan and knew there was a trail. So of course it would be even more fun to "follow" the trail through tumbleweeds that covered the entire truck and made it impossible to see anything! I must say though I was impressed and thought it was pretty cool! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like you had a lot of fun! So, um...you want to give Rio to someone with no other dogs? How about someone with two other chihuahuas? Owen and I both would love another little guy to make a trio. Email me if you think this might be a good match:)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!