11 March 2009

Skunk's First Haircut

Monday we took Skunk to get a haircut. When it pretended to be spring for a couple days it seemed every time I looked at him the poor thing was panting. In the pictures you can't really tell there is much difference.


















It used to be that he looked a lot bigger than Rio. I guess it was mostly hair because now they look almost the exact same size. Skunk's bones are just a bit thicker. And we had no idea he was speckled! It's a really good thing we told them not to shave around his face or his tail or I wouldn't have recognized him! I'm pretty sure when weather decides to really be spring then summer, he'll be thanking us. For now he cuddles up with the other two and does just fine.


While I'm yackin' about my puppies I just had to share how much bigger Tank is now than when we first got him!!!




He doesn't stand any taller than Skunk and Rio, actually their backs are about even, but he weighs twice as much! He's just like a miniature lab. When him and Mak stand next to each other he just looks like a miny-Mak (with spots of course).
I know in this picture of them laying next to each other you can't really tell the size difference easily but you can tell that Tank can no way curl up as small as Skunk. They are best buds and so cute when they play!
Maybe God just put me on this Earth to care for dogs. Heaven knows I love to! I've often wondered if after we die if we get to have pets, are all the pets we had here going to be there waiting? Will we get to have new pets? I know there is so much work that we will be taking care of after this life but wouldn't it be sad if there are no pets!?! I really hope fish don't count! While we were raising guppies we sure fed a lot to Allen's Oscars not to mention we flushed a bunch that medication just wouldn't help. I don't think I ever want to do fish again...what a pain!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

me and skunk are BOTH ready for SPRING!! it needs to quit pretending and just stay for heaven sakes! it will officially be spring a week from friday, so it had better start feelin like it! :) hmmm, should i cut my hair too...? nah, it takes too long to grow! if only i were a dog. Lol!

Matt N Camie Family said...

He looks great!! :) I have a poem somewhere that talks about your pets waiting on the other side of the rainbow bridge or something like that (I found it just shortly after Tweets died)... I hope it is true!! I was heartbroken when he died and will be when Tulip and Splash die. I will see if I can find the poem and send it to you.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!