19 March 2009

Finally Spring???

Ahh, the first flowers of spring. Okay, the short ones actually started blooming almost a month ago but then yesterday I saw the tall ones. Don't know as I've ever seen them bloom before. Hmm. But since the flowers are starting to bloom, I think it's a pretty good sign it's spring time!! Yay!!!
I really love that Allen gets to be home during the first part of the week because of his work schedule!!! Yesterday we decided the weather may possibly, maybe, hopefully be turning into real live Spring and this year we are going to have a garden! I'm so excited! The whole time we lived in Pleasant Grove we always talked about having a garden (over there we could've had a huge garden) but never did it. But this year...we're gonna have a garden!!! So Allen got the tiller out and tilled up it up. But then we decided we had better fence it it so the dogs won't dig it all up. That turned out easier and cheaper than we both expected, nice.
I wish I could figure out how to teach them to stop digging. We finally (Monday) fixed the perimeter of our yard by putting tons of rocks along the fence. Hopefully Mak won't be tough enough to move them so he can dig and make space for Rio and Skunk to slink under. What a panic when a little five pound dog disappears out of the yard on a busy street! You just don't know where to look for them and they can stand behind ANYTHING and disappear!
While we were doing the yard work the dogs were evidently lovin' the warmth of the sun too! They seemed as giddy and excited to be outside as Allen and I. I should've gotten pictures of them playing but I was wearing gloves and a lot of the time I had maneur on me. Oh yeah, what is up with puppies eating poop? While we were spreading maneur five out of the six dogs were eating what we dropped! Ew! Rio was the only one who didn't seem facinated with it and want to eat it. It was kind of funny though watching them carry pieces around like they had just found the best scooby snack ever.












A little later after we had finished spreading the maneur and decided it was getting a bit too warm and we had had enough sun for a while we looked around and most of the dogs seemed to be thinking the same thing, even Skunk with his short haircut had found some shade.




Rio was the only exception, that little guy had found a non-breezy, sunny spot to fall asleep (he's going to love living in Texas-yep, he's gonna move to Texas to live with my cousin Becky and her family and two chihuahuas).
So we took a break for lunch and played with the dogs for a while. Our new little Mugsy, poor thing, just hasn't got the idea not to bite yet. I think he was wearing the muzzle as much as not while we were playing with them. Poor little dude. He'll learn though, and the muzzle is a TON more effective than hitting and/or yelling at them. It teaches them to submit because it takes their only weapon away which is their mouth.
Anywho, I was just so excited that we are going to have a garden!!! After getting it all ready, I remember why as a kid I hated it! Lol. It's a lot of work! Now I'm just anxiously awaiting the day (hopin' for Mon) we actually decide what to plant and how much and dig the furrows and burry the seeds!!! It's gonna be awesome to go out and get fresh vitamin packed veges!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That garden is going to be nice and BIG!! You should have your hands full taking care of it, but it will be WORTH it! I will be over for my share of your crop when it's ready, ok? HAhAhA! JK! We always do a garden too, but the spot we have has a little bit too much shade and it gets soggy at one end so it a problem sometimes. I love to plant it though! planting flowers and such is PURE therapy for me, LOVE iT!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!