02 April 2009

And Yet Another Possibility...

I've taken the first round of clomid and nothing! According to the pee sticks I have NOT ovulated nor am I going to in the week that it's supposed to happen (although according to the Ovulation Scope it's imminent, haha). I'm not really surprised.
The sense of needing to find something else has been on my mind for a couple days. So I sat down at the computer and decided to find the injection fertility drug. Well I did find it and didn't feel like that's what I was looking for. So I sat and stared at the computer just wondering...what else could it be that I am looking for? Then I had a thought, Dr Purser had run blood tests for all of my hormones, the ONLY one that wasn't normal was my insulin. So I decided to Google "affects of high insulin on ovulation". Well, I found out that ovulation will not happen if you have really high insulin, mine was very high. So then I started to look at different ways to lower insulin levels and I came upon a website www.chiralbalance.com they have this stuff called d-chiro-inositol that has been proven to make the body use insulin. They did a double blind study (actually a Virginia Medical School, I believe) and they took 44 women with PCOS, which I don't have but I have the hyperinsulinemia which is the symptom they were testing. Well, out of the 22 that took the placebo only 2 out of the 22 ovulated. But out of the 22 that took the d-chiro-inositol 19 of them ovulated!!! The numbers are phenomenal! Yay!!! And the best part is......it's completely natural, it's found in fruits and veges. Maybe it won't help alone and obviously the clomid doesn't do it, but maybe if I put them together they will work synergistically and I will actually ovulate and...... :)
Maybe this won't work either but...aw heck...I just have to try it! How cool is the Lord! Even if this doesn't work either...obviously I'm not supposed to give up I just hope he keeps giving me something to try and to keep hope in me. After 10 years of ttc I've just never completely lost the hope that there is a way. Maybe I'm just stubborn but I think it's because the Lord will bless Allen and I with the ability to "multiply and replenish the earth" at some time, if I don't give up.
To be completely honest, I have a time or two (or ten) but with in a couple days of declaring that I give up, the thought comes back to me, "There's just GOT to be a way! I just have to find it."
Guess we'll see. I have to save the money first it's gonna be like $90 for a one month supply. But where there's a will...we all know there's a way.

3 comments:

Matt N Camie Family said...

I am glad you are keeping your hopes up!! In my own life it is amazing how things have worked out just when they needed to. It is sooo HARD to look at life from the perspective of I am supposed to learn something from this!! hehe At least it has been hard for me to do that with my fibromyalgia.

Carrie said...

Camie has fibromyalgia...? So does my mom. I knew Camie had a medical trial of some sort but was not sure what it was. Good to know. My mom has all kinds of trouble, maybe she and Camie should bounce ideas off eachother, if they have not already. My poor mom! I am not sure if I understand things correctly, but she was diagnosed w/ epstenbar (can't spell??) years and years ago, then it was chronic fatigue syndrome which is maybe the same thing??? and now they believe it led to the fibro. or maybe she was misdiagnosed in the first place. Hmmm, just rambling now. Sorry. Anyhow, I think that it is AMAZING what you have found and researched on your own!!!! It seems that these highly paid doctors could have helped you to explore this option sooner. Our fertility was mis diagnosed and we were sent in a wrong direction. Wasted years, money, and etc. It is great that you have discoverd this! I am feeling excited about it. As you said, if nothing else comes of it at least you tried and that's what keeps the heart at peace. I have found anyway. I love that you are keeping the Hope alive. After pres. Uchtorf's talk on Hope it has been ever present in my mind. I am sure you remember it. What a beautiful masterpiece it was/is. I am so looking forward to conference this weekend. If the 14 year old I was could hear me say that now. Lol. Anyway i am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! you are in my prayers Teresa!!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Man I hope you can find an answer! And then you'll have to publish a book full of your comprehensive processes for the rest of us to use:) Also, thanks for the lesson in hope. I need to find more of that in our lack of children struggles.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!