She wanted me to start some thing that I would have to inject myself with twice a day and the insurance wouldn't cover it. Psha! Like we're made of money! So her options were pretty much not likely an option for us. I'd much rather go natural anyway. Oh, and she told me I have Metabolic Syndrome. Hmm. I already suspected because when I was looking up MODY I found Metabolic Syndrome and I thought it fit better.
So long story short--going to the endocrinologist did not change our plan at all. Actually, at one point she flat out said, "Really, your only problem is your insulin." So if the DCI (d-chiro-inositol) works like it has for so many...it's baby makin' time baby!!! I think we will keep using the clomid, too. Might as well, as far as I'm concerned I paid for it...I'm gonna use it.
Strange thing was, when we left her office I felt the same way I have when we have left other Dr's offices when they have just told us, I can't do anything else for you; good luck--so low and discouraged. I don't know why exactly, maybe just out of habit. But it only lasted for a while, then I got thinking about the DCI and everything I had read about that and once again my faith in the DCI returned. I really hope I'm not getting my hopes up for nothing but I hav
So after my visit with this doc today here's the plan....I took DCI (1200 mg) just like in the studies that proved promising and I started drinking Parsley Tea. Parsley Tea, you say? Yeah, let me explain that one. Since I found DCI I've also been reading a PCOS forum (soulcysters; barely joined today because I found out I was for sure one of them) and on this forum they claim by drinking Parsley Tea it will cause me to have a period. As my infertile friends know, you're supposed to have a period to tell you when to take Clomid (in most cases). So when (or if) I start a period then I will be taking Clomid on days 3-7 and EVERY day I will be taking 1200 mg of DCI. Also, just to help, Allen is taking Male Reproductive Factors (Michaels brand) and a really good multi-vitamin and I think he may be taking Zinc, too. Not sure on that, don't want him to think I am coaching him on what he needs to do to become a daddy.
Heck, if this don't work......I'm really wonderin' where in the world I would go next. Maybe by then we'll be picked by a birthmom through LDSFS. Prayer, Hope, Faith, guess that's what I'll be depending on for a while.



9 comments:
not sure the doseage of your clomid, but maybe you will end up with triplets or something! :) how would ya feel about that? i bet you'd love it and be scared at the same time! Lol! how's the clomid treatin ya? when i was on it i was a wee bit crazy. but not real bad, it would have been worth it w/out question had it worked. thanks for keeping us updated, now stop reading this and get to your baby makin! sounds as if you are well armed between you and allen. :) good luck!!! -fingers crossed!
oh, wait, i just read the post again, maybe you have not started the clomid yet ..? well, i mean once you start taking it let me know how it makes you feel. i was a little headachy and sensitive and just hormonal, like pms. but no big deal and certainly worth the pay off. hope that parsley tea does the trick ;)
Stupid doctors!! I get so sick of hearing.... yeah nothing we can do for you but give you a prescription that costs half a million dollars and the prescription won't really work anyways but hey I get a kickback for prescribing it so why not try it?!?! hehe I love that you are so proactive about all of this and doing the research to find what you need! Don't let the doctors get you down! I don't think they have a clue what they are doing! You are awesome! Keep me posted!!
Haha I was just reading some of the older posts and comments and noticed that I ALWAYS write keep me posted... from now on just understand I want to be updated! hehe
I love your thumbs up picture! I hope that soon you'll be posting about baby bumps and nausia LOL:)
Oh, one more thing. Are you and Allen still actively involved in LDSFS stuff or have you decided to take a brake while you try other options?
Still actively involved...i guess. We haven't put ourselves on hold or anything. We figure if it's meant to be it will. If not...well...ya know.
I was told i fit into the 20% category of people whos infertility is unexplained. So sorry, just deal with it!!! Nothing we can do. Thanks, I really felt great after hearing that a few times!
Post a Comment