04 November 2009

Not This One I'm Afraid

So since I found out about this Mom looking to place her baby, Allen and I have talked about it and thought about it. We both feel the same way and have since we first heard about it...this just isn't the one. I
I guess we could be wrong, we have been wrong about a LOT of things. We both feel like if this was going to happen though, that we would've had some confirmation. I'm not talking angels singing or anything but you know, just a flutter in the stomach or an excitement. But there has been nothing.
I'm not saying if it was offered that we wouldn't be all over it, cuz we so would. Before this I had never thought I would like a girl, I even talked to Allen about it and told him I did NOT want a girl and if a birth-mother picked us and it was a girl I would want to say no. That sounds stupid I know but if you know me you probably understand. Growing up with 4 brothers, rough and tough brothers, I learned to deal with males. I never had many friends whom were girls, and most of the few I had...ended up were of the lesbian persuasion. That's funny though because a lot of the guys I was friends with...gay.
Anywho, my point is, I really doubted my ability to be a good mother to a girl. I don't relate to most females too well. I'm not into cutesy stuff: princesses, pink, ribbons and bows, cheeleading, make-up, giggling and acting stupid to make guys feel smarter. Just not me. The only thing feminine about me I think is I have a sparkle obsession.
Then this idea of the possibility of being able to adopt a girl...it's made me think. A LOT! I've decided I do want a daughter. It would be fun to buy frilly little dresses and cute little shiny shoes, to do thier hair, and to buy dress up stuff (you know the fake make-up and jewlry, hats, dresses, shoes). Heck, with my sparkle obsession I may NEED a daughter. Otherwise I may have little boys with sparkly clothes or shoes or hats. LOL Besides all that, what daddy doesn't need a daughter to dote over and spoil, a reason to answer the door holding a shotgun when it's time she can date? lol Okay, I don't know if Allen would really do that, but I sure can see him doing it. Hehe
Maybe this situation was just needed so when the time comes I won't have any reservations about having a little girl. I don't know...sure has made me think though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been there... more than once! You are right, you WILL know when it's right.

Carrie said...

you and al will make great parents to either a girl or boy! :) i wanted a boy first sooo bad i could hardly stand it!! i kept having dreams about having a little girl and kept being angry that God was trying to tell me something...in a way i think he was and i guess it worked. cause when the "girl" came i was over the moon in love with her and excited. keep your chin up hun, i am very willing to bet that i will see you walking hand in hand with a sparkly little girl one day! :) xoxox

Matt N Camie Family said...

Your right every family needs at least ONE girl!! :) It is fun to get the frilly dresses and the "girlie" stuff! AND you both would be super awesome parents to a boy OR a girl OR BOTH!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!