26 November 2009

Happy 10th Anniversary Baby!

Today is the 10th anniversary of Allen and I getting sealed for time and eternity. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.
We were sealed in the Manti Temple. I was so nervous! But after having my recommend checked at the desk and walking around the corner to where I could see down the long hallway...I was even more nervous! There were what appeared to be angels lining the hallway on both sides. Not like shoulder to shoulder but it seemed like every 10 ft or so there was one. I realize they were just the temple workers but it gave me chills. I'll never forget the feeling. I still can't walk into that Temple and not get chills, I guess every Temple should make me feel that way but they don't. Just Manti Temple, it's kind of like when I walk in there...I'm coming home after a long stint of being gone and Heavenly Father is giving me a big hug.
Going through the Temple and being sealed for time and all eternity didn't fix our problems. We've had ups and major downs, but we have got through them somehow. I know without the Lord's help we would not be together now. There were just too many "coinsidences" that had to happen, and did happen, to bring us back together.
I can't wait to spend eternity with this man! I would be lost without him. When I look in his eyes I can't help but fall in love with him all over again. He's so kind and gentle but at the same time so big and strong. I'm not just talking physical, but emotionally and spiritually too. There is no better man for me in this world or any other. I am so thankful for him!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

hope you had a good anniversary! that's cool, it will sometimes land on thanksgiving. that is also the same day as my dad's birthday. anyway, i really loved hearing about your temple day and the "angles" lined up. i think it would be cool to be a temple worker. maybe someday when i am old and gray i will get to do that. i have much to learn before then though! nothing matches the beauty and PEACEfullness of the temple. i am so thankful for Heavenly Fathers plan that we get to have eternal companions. I love how much the two of you admire eachother. it is truly beautiful. and sad to say, growing increasingly rare in this world. here's to the next TEN years you guys!! Cheers!

Heather said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog! I have been through the temple but Drew and I haven't been sealed yet and I hope that some day I will be able to say the same. Your blog really helped me today when I was feeling really discouraged. We are still enduring great challenges and sometimes its so good to hear that others have also. I am so happy that your struggles have only made you stronger. Nicely done!!

Matt N Camie Family said...

You are both amazing and so perfect for each other!! I love you both very much!! Congrats on 10 years and the best are yet to come!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!