My thoughts have been on adoption the past month or so a LOT. I've really been wondering if and when. Our profile was approved like a year ago and we are still waiting for someone to contact us to tell us that we are even on soft-hold, meaning a birthmom has narrowed it down to a just a few and we are one of them. Hasn't happened.
Because it seems like it has been soooo long waiting for that and the fact I found DCI, which I still consider my "magic pill". I gave up on adoption and decided (God willing) to try and get pregnant again, that hasn't happened yet either.
Thanks to my Sis-in-law's friend it got the whole idea of adoption running through my head again. When Allen and I first decided that adoption was the way we were supposed to build our family it was Jan of 2008. We both felt strongly that is what we were supposed to do. We got the paperwork turned in and the letter and pictures approved then somewhere along the way we stopped. A few months later we were informed we had to go online and finish a profile online because they weren't doing the paper thing anymore. So we started that and soon quit, again, don't know why. Then a couple months later we got a call from our new caseworker and she told us to get in gear and get it done because they were changing websites and if it wasn't completed it would be deleted and we would have to start over again. So we finally got it done and approved and published online. The problem then was the website wasn't going live yet because they were still working on it. That was pretty frustrating. I guess it's okay though, because if we ever are able to find our babies and adopt them it will all be worth it, all the headache, irritation, and frustration.
I am really excited though because after the training we went on to make sure our profile was still current and we hadn't changed our minds about anything and we found out that we can now see how many times our profile has been viewed; it's been viewed almost 400 times! None of them have contacted us obviously but at least we know that we are having some traffic. The way we see it is every view gets us one closer to the right one.
I know this sounds a bit corny but could y'all throw a few words heavenward for us that our journey to parenthood will come to an end soon, and of course some for the birthmom that is looking for us. She's gotta be out there...somewhere.



2 comments:
Oh Teresa! It is SO frustrating to try and patiently wait! Owen and I felt such overwhelming promptings to start our own adoption, I was sure that it would be a short if at all wait. Three years later, the stars aligned and we were blessed with our boy. So from my own experience, I will say if you felt that it was right once, it's still right! I will pray for you that you will both be blessed toot sweet with a cherub of your own and that you will also be able to feel peace in the process. It will happen! I can't imagine two more ready and capable people to be parents! .
i ditto the above comment. i can think of nothing else (except a baby!) that i wish more for you right now than PEACE. sweet, sweet peace. consider it done, i will pray for you. and, i will pray for your future birth mother to just come on and find you already!! ;) not to make a joke of it...but i think someone must have been praying for my birth mom's. their hearts and minds were so lead by the spirit it's not even funny. anyway, as i said, i ditto the above comment. if you felt that it was right back then, it is still right. i think maybe a family fast could be helpful.?? let me know, and i would be MORE than Happy to fast along with you guys! i am extended family..but i wish and PRAY fpr the best for you!!! xoxo!!
Post a Comment