The whole court thing about the dogs is killing me! Not only having to choose which ones to go but the actual court thing, and I get to go back at the end of this month...yay. I've never had to deal with prosecuting attorneys or judges or any of the stuff that goes with it. It's so confusing and stressful! I feel like my gut is eating itself and my head is going to explode!
Didn't realize it until I was standing in front of the judge that infact I have eight, yes eight, Class B Misdemeanor charges against me. Technically they can (each) land you in jail...and I have eight of them. Four counts of too many dogs, and four counts of failure to license. I don't think I would be so stressed if I could get the prosecuting attorney to return my freakin' phone calls! Grrr! It's frustration to the point of tears. You all know what I am talking about, been there done that, right?
A little of the stress would be relieved also if Sam would've been able to keep Rio and Tank. But now we have four dogs again and trying to decide what to do with them.
- Skunk I feel we need to keep because he has a bit of a medical problem that needs to be addressed. I can't give him to someone and just trust it'll get taken care of.
- MAK has a food allergy (recently figured out) and he needs to eat mostly vegetarian food (pretty expensive dog food). Not only that I would really like to have a big dog for a watch dog when Allen is working nights.
- Tank has a serious food allergy and also needs to eat vegetarian. If he eats anything but that he pukes everywhere! Not many people can deal with a puppy, who chews and eats everything, that pukes everytime he eats something other than his vegetarian dog food.
- Which brings me to Rio whom has had a tough life and was beat before we got him (evident by the way he acted when we got him). And even though we have had him since Nov (I think) we are just barely gaining his complete trust. I can't let him go to a stranger that I have to worry about him getting beat again, or mistreated. Besides that he's my little buddy. Anytime I can't see him and I ask Allen, "Do you know where Rio is?" The answer is almost always, "Right behind you." Oh, my little shadow...
What do I do? How do you choose? Then how do you decide if you are sending them to a safe place? I don't know...I just feel so sad...



4 comments:
I'm SO sorry that you're having to go through this. We will pray that you will be guided to find perfect homes for all of the puppies needing them and that all will work out for you and your fur-babies. If I were there, I'd hug you!
AWWW Teresa! :( I am sending cyber hugs to you!! (((((HUGS)))) With all the issues we have as a society I can't believe they are actually coming after you for taking care of your dogs!! I mean hello there are people out there who don't take care of their kids let alone their animals and here they are going after someone that is taking care of animals that if they were in any other home they would most likely not survive!! :( DOUBLE GRRRRR! I wish Tyson didn't have such bad allergies and Matt was more comfortable with the littler dogs.. I wish I could help! :( I know what you mean when you talk about how the stress is on you! That is exactly how I felt when I was trying to get our kids into our resident schools! :( You are in our prayers! Keep us posted! I love you!!
that sucks!!! yes, that DOES sound SO stressfull!! that would be scary to think about the many misdemeanor charges and the attorney not calling you back and everything...why is life SO like that sometimes?? still trying to figure it out myself. i love the PCOS awareness video. it actually enlightened me a bit. thank you! my heart goes out to all women who deal with that seriously FRUSTRATING medical problem. and no known cause...( i feel like w/ out knowing what causes something, you can't even begin to know how to cure it.)so hard to wrap your head around as to WHY does it have to happen to anyone...? i dunno, i have been in a bit of a slump too. my sis Lindy is having a hard time selling their house and multiple buyers who have fell thru. just when she thinks an answer to her prayers has come, BAM! it's all taken away. i guess my point is, i feel like there is just a dark cloud right now, and things don't seem to be going so smoothly for my loved ones. will the sun come out tomorrow? I HOPE!!! i hope things start working out for you!!!! let me know if i can help in any way. much love to your little (and not so little) Doggies!! xoxox
FIGHT IT! FIGHT IT! FIGHT IT!
TAKE A STAND, DO THE HOMEWORK, SHOW THE JUDGE YOU RESEARCHED & FOUND NO SUCH LAW PERTAINING TO THE # LAW, Then Fight it!
I'll come to court with you if you want.....for support
love,
karena
Post a Comment