29 August 2009

Think I'm Done With Court Now

Yesterday was my Pre-Trial...talk about make me nervous!!! Not many things really get to me as far as nerves. But both times I have went to court (here comes a bit of TMI) I have ended up with diarrhea. Lol. I've been fine at home in the morning but then we get to the courthouse and you know the bubbly painful stuff that goes with it, well that starts. Oh, my! As far as I know or can recollect...this is the ONLY thing that has ever effected me like this.


Anywho, I finally got to talk to the Prosecutor and we worked out a deal that they would drop 3 of the 4 charges for too many dogs (apparently a zoning ordinance not a nuisance ordinance) and 2 counts of failure to license dogs. Still pretty pissed about having to pay because I really did check into it, thought I had bases covered. Oh well, could have been a LOT worse. For every count of too many dogs they coulda threw the book at me and fined me $750 each.

Since they reduced it to one count I was pretty happy with that and the judge even suspended $550 of that so I only have to pay $200 for that. The failure to license was $75 each. So the total comes to $350 and I have to pay it within the next 120 days. But within 30 days I have to find a home for one more dog then call the prosecutor and let him know I am in compliance, then an officer will come out and make sure I'm not lying.

It would be so much easier if people would just take responsibility for their animals. Then there wouldn't be a problem with me having a pack of dogs instead of a passle of kids. I guess I should've taken responsibility myself and looked into all the laws before I even got one dog.

IDK.

Frustration.

2 comments:

Matt N Camie Family said...

UGH! I'm sorry! I hate government stuff! I guess its good that they reduced your fines but still! GRRR! Don't worry you aren't the only one that gets that particular sickness when under stress! I turn into a HUGE mess! ((((HUGS))))

Carrie said...

no fun! court would be scary! i went one time as a witness to a lady who had written a fradulent check. anyway i was REALLY nervous. i can only imagine how you musta felt being the prosecuted! sounds funny calling you the prosecuted! LOL! i get nervous about a lot of things! like everythig and anything. i am a big jumble of nerves. i need to be more laid back, that's for sure! i think my tummy is used to me being on nervous mode most the time.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!