17 July 2009

My Beautiful Roses

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this rosebush!!! We bought it back the end of Feb, I think, and planted it. I really thought it had no chance. But it was only a few bucks so Allen said, "What the heck. Might as well give it a bit of a chance." So we brought it home and threw it in the ground. We knew it had more of a chance there than in the plastic bag it was in. It really struggled for a while. Thought we were gonna lose it.
Then the spring was really wet and mild and it pulled through beautifully. This is the coolest part though, when it first blooms it's almost white in the middle (see 1st pic). Then as the sun is on it more the petals darken until it's a dark magenta (see 3rd pic).
Kind of magical and so pretty too!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

wha the? i have a rose bush like this too!! it's awesome how the petals change. i love it, it has been an awesome plant, and it blooms it's little guts out. i LOVE roses! even enough to name my baby after them ;) now, if i could get my hands on an albino zuchinni...

Allen n Teresa said...

About the zuchinni...it was delicious! We had a family birthday party for two of my neices and one nephew and so we decided to try it. Tasted the same as a regular. Looked the same inside too except a bit lighter.

Matt N Camie Family said...

I need you to come fix my roses!!! They have something wrong with them and I can't figure out what it is! :( Those are BEAUTIFUL!!! Yes the zuccini you brought was SUPER yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!