Neither one of us has wanted, desired or craved anything as long as we have wanted to have a family. When infertility raises it's ugly, oh, so ugly, head it does something to couples. Not only does it make us want what we can't have even more, which is the natural human response to being told no. It also either brings them closer together because they are fighting together to achieve a goal or it tears them apart because they don't know how to hang on to each other and look to the other for support when the going gets rough, and boy howdy does it get rough! Really though, how could it not get rough with all the anger, sadness, disappointment, fear, emptiness, heartache, loneliness and embarrassment that goes with it? Allen and I have experienced both ends of the spectrum. Hence the being divorced for a year, then a second wedding. Lol. Thank goodness we learned to communicate, give and take support and work together!
Don't' know why I just wrote all that but I guess when our kids are grown I will have had this put into a book and they will be able to read this and maybe appreciate all we went through to bring them to our family. Hehehe.

The pictures I just had to add because they are really the only two pics of our 2nd wedding. It was in my parents front room, Allen's dad performed the ceremony (Mayor of Centerfield) and the only ones we had there were our parents. We did have a family dinner after though. What a redneck I married...twice! Love him though, wouldn't trade him for anything!!!



1 comment:
love the pics!! :) yes, i can totally relate to the infertility making your marriage stronger and ALSO being the biggest test of a marriage ever! at least for me thus far. i know that satan was working HARD on preston and me. about six months before our kids were born it was the worst. it was like we were just distant...not even like fighting all the time necissarily...just distant and different. my mom and dad even noticed a big change in the two of us and pulled us aside to see if thinge were ok. which TOTALLY shocked me that anybody had even noticed. but if anybody would, i guess it would be mom and dad. anyhow, i am grateful for the crap i have had to go thru i guess.... i know now how tuff preston and I are! and that's what you and Allen have to, and it's AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment