This is the place we have our Thanksgiving get together...usually. It's at a lodge up the canyon. So pretty up there. We usually have two or three family get-togethers a year. They always turn out fun.
This is who was there. Starting with my baby brother's family.
My baby bro...he's a geek but I'm proud of him none the less.
His wife and their newest addition.
This is my youngest nephew. So stinkin' cute!
Youngest niece...practicing to be an artist.
This picture seems to have aged this one. She and her little sister are barely a year apart...or is it just under a year.
Deer in the headlights eyes! Hehe He makes me laugh...constantly.
Some of us are a little camera shy...or just being a stinker.
This is my older brother...he's a thinker. No, seriously, this picture is so him. His mind is always working on figuring something out.
His wife, whom didn't want pictures taken because she's "always got weird expressions" in pictures. I think this one's alright...just a bit blurry. She's still gorgeous though!
Their youngest...obviously not really young. Definitely old enough to know to run when the camera is around.
This little guy...so tender hearted. He blew this balloon up about a million times to get it to stretch this far. I won't even tell you about the pool of spit in there. Ick! Glad it didn't pop by me!
My oldest niece is turning into a young lady! I feel so old...
My nephew is already a young man. He'll be 16 in Jan! Looks like dirt on his chin but it not...it's freakin' facial hair! Love this kid...I mean, young man.
My oldest brother. Most the time he was in the kitchen but...he had to have a fire.
Of course there was two very important people there...
My Allen
and Me.
I better not forget the ones who started it all, meaning the family and the party.
My Mommy doing the grandma thing.
My Daddy. This is after set up was done and we were waiting for the rest of the family.
I was really sad my younger brother and his wife couldn't make it...money sucks, that's all I have to say about that.
Almost forgot My aunt Tam was invited because since she lives with us, she counts as immediate family. Did I mention she gets a bit snap happy too? She's so much fun!
Grandma played the piano for entertainment, with help of course.
There were games and activities to entertain the kids. What adult can resist playing with play-doh?
Here is one of many masterpieces
The fireplace had a problem. I don't know what they ended up figuring out but they did get one goin'.
Pre-meal food was enjoyed. I caught these two nuts eating some nuts and sharing with their little nut offspring.
Balloons helped entertain. As a kid a balloon could entertain me for hours.
Little brother teasing with an over inflated balloon. lol
I walked past this table a few times and watched. I don't think any of the games got played by the "official rules". But the rules they played by seemed to be a lot more...creative.
It was very entertaining to watch the "hop on one leg" exercise.
While all this was going on in the kitchen there was always a crew of people doing one thing or another.
Then it was time to eat. Here is the guest of honor getting pulled out of it's hot oil bath.
The turkey looks good, huh? Not as good as the hottie holding it though!
It took two long tables to seat everyone there perfectly.
Good thing the littlest was a lap sitter, or maybe he got to sit out for the whole feast...hm, I don't remember.
And one table for serving.
Awww. That sucks! I didn't get a picture of it when it was full! Oh well, you all know how it would look overflowing with food. The pies we kept in the kitchen though.
There were so many and soooo good!
Notice, not all pie pieces came out whole. But they were finger lickin' good! No wiping the good stuff off here, it all went in the mouth. lol She really is a ham.
Grandpa serving the younger ones.
After eating it was relax and visit time.
My sis-in-law snuggled up with her blanky.
My poor dad, we all give him such a hard time. lol I think he would think we all hate him though if we quit giving him a hard time.
It snowed while we were there these two were sitting in the window just watching it fall, until they saw my reflection.
Some had to go out and see if snow is still cold.
Then everyone chipped in and helped clean up the kitchen, divy food up, and put chairs and tables away, sweep and mop, garbage and all the other stuff that goes along with cleaning up.
It was a really fun, busy and eventually relaxing get together. I love spending time with my family.
Hopefully Thanksgiving day will be just as successful with Allen's family (and some of mine mixed in).






















2 comments:
Too bad the Oregonians didn't make it! I bet they were sad. :(
This was a totally awesome post! Thanks for taking the time!
Post a Comment