16 November 2010

Eeek! Never Been Here Before

Well, it seems Allen and I are embarking upon a whole new experience. One neither of us thought we would ever have to deal with...unemployment. Ugh! So far it hasn't been too bad...but it's only been since Friday. I feel lost and bit nervous about where we might end up, I'm really hoping we don't end up living in the Expedition. *nervous laugh* Nah, I know that won't happen because we have awesome friends and family. But it is a bit sad to think this Thanksgiving may be the last in the big ol' family house, another thing I thought would never change.
Don't get me wrong, I am soooo excited to see where we are going to land. There is actually more excitement than fear. I love Allen and am so proud of how he has jumped right from losing his job to looking for the next without moaning and groaning, or complaining about how stupid his old place of employment is. He hasn't complained for a minute, just onward and upward for him. We both feel, somehow, the Lord's hand is in it and there is something better waiting.
As far as the adoption process, we are moving forward as if nothing has changed. We just turned in our medical reports turned in and Tam's background check. So not too long and we should be republished. I really wonder if we are ever going to be chosen...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So sorry abot Al's job. :( That seriously stinks. We have been blessed thus far that Preston has not been laid off. The place where he works has been shut down in the past for low copper prices. All it takes is a dip in the economy and bam, you lose your job. So, with the economy the way it is, you can see it is touch and go sometimes. Good thing other countries are doing well, (China for example) keeps food on our table for now. And being part of a union and the threat to strike and blah, blah, anyway, I guess I am just trying to say I'm sorry!! I have you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Things will work out!! :)

I loved reading about the Thanksgiving feast w/ your family! I loved all the pics and seeing your neices and nephews and how much they remind me of you guys when you were little. Looks like you all had a really nice time!!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!