I have had the fabric for a while. Actually, I've had it since we thought we were going to be adopting a baby girl in November (it wasn't due until June or July). I gathered it up, okay actually it was all given to me by random people except I did buy 1/2 yard of pink, because I wanted to make my first girl baby quilt. Well, if you have been following our blog you know she decided to get an abortion. When I found that out...well...we'll just say I put the fabric away.
But now...now I feel the desire to do a baby girl quilt...just in case. *fingers and toes crossed* I'm hoping and praying she will chose us. I would love for Allen to have a daddy's girl. Only problem is, I'm afraid he might spoil the crap out of her. lol But I guess daddy's are allowed.
Anywho, it's not completed yet because I can't quite decide how to tie or quilt it. So this is just a picture of the top finished. It's going to have a yellow back so that's the color edge it will have.
Allen thought I was bit nutty when I had pink with white polka dot, green with white flowers, white with white design and plain yellow fabric and said so proudly, "I'm gonna make our baby girl a quilt out of these."
I almost didn't do it because I thought it would turn out a little weird.
It turned out awesome though! I am so proud of myself. Being a beginner with a sewing machine it was pretty dang hard to figure out how to put it together because it wasn't like patchwork; sew a row together then sew the rows together. I think it might have been easier if it was a spiral even (which it's not). Okay, someone who is better at sewing than me it wouldn't have been hard but dang! this took a lot of brain power for me. lol
My oldest brother showed up just as I was finishing the outer round and I showed him. He says, "It's loud."
This picture doesn't do the shades justice...it is pretty loud. I just hadn't noticed until he said something.
I also got ambitious the other day and decided to use up a bunch of extra yarn I had left over from the last little afghan I did. I ran out of purple so it's not finished yet. I need to buy another skeen...grrr. But here is an unfinished picture of it.
Now all I have to do with this is hook them together and put an edge on it.
I feel so homemakey right now...what is going on??? lol
I know it's not a bad thing but it's kind of strange that I opt to do this type of thing rather than go outside and weed or something. I would've laughed in your face had you told me a few years ago I would be crocheting and making baby quilts. Ahhh, how things change.
Remember the expectant mother in your prayers people, please. Right now she is working on making the hardest decision she may make in her entire life. She's gotta be a strong person. I hope she chooses us, but if she doesn't she still needs the blessing of being able to make her choice and know that it is the best one for her baby.



1 comment:
They are both AMAZING!!!! I love the colors in the baby girl blanket!! SOOOO CUTE!! You need to teach me how to make one like that! LOVE IT!! Love the crochet one too!! BTW- I think I might have purple yarn you are welcome to come and get if you would like to finish it with it!! I have TONS of yarn and it is just sitting in a drawer not being used. Most of it was given to me by various people. I have done an itty bitty bit of crocheting but not much.. can't seem to figure out how to do all the fancy stuff.. just single and double crochet. Maybe you can teach me?!?! We should get together and quilt etc. once my kids get back in school! :D
I love you Teresa!! I have my fingers and toes crossed and you are all in my prayers! Keep me posted!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you!!
Post a Comment