11 February 2010

Woohoo! Finally Finished!

If you know me at all you know that I don't do "crafty" stuff very often. But when I get an itch ... I just gotta. Needless to say a few weeks ago I had an itch to do some of that crafty homemakey type stuff and this is what came of it.
 
I think it turned out pretty well for not following the pattern really. I had every intention of doing exactly what the instructions said, but in different colors. Then as I started I decided to change this and to change that. This cute little baby afghan turned into a much bigger project than planned.
It was supposed to be small for a baby ... it's more the size for a child. Oh well. It turned out pretty good for a very beginner crocheter. Now with all the left over yarn I'm thinking about doing another (smaller) one. 
I think I may be kind of a freak though. Everything I have made, crafty wise, in the last year has been for babies. I have a cedar chest almost full of baby quilts and now one afghan ... thinking soon to be two.
I guess I'm letting my wishful thinking/hoping get carried away with my inner homemaker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Also, when you do get a baby, you'll find that you never have enough clean blankets. Enjoy making them girl :)

Carrie said...

Uuuu, no, you are not a freak. you should have seen the closet FULL of baby stuff that I had for YEARS and years before it ever even thought about getting used. I actually think you are wise to get stuff and make stuff here and there. That blanket turned out AWESOME! i have crocheted a blanket in my day and it turned out NO WHERE as good as that. You are a few steps above a beginner! Mine was just straight rows of different colors, yours has a cool pattern. Anyway, I love it, you did GREAT!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh that blanket is gorgeous! I am so impressed! I am not a craft person...I like to try but it never works out for me!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!