Sunday we loaded up and went to Springdale (I think) to go to an elk farm that Keith and Karena had found sometime ago. They were a little disappointed because there weren't as many animals due to economic reasons.
One of the bull elk didn't not like Keith. This one to be exact.
He would ... not charge the fence but lower his antlers and push on it. Any and everyone else could pet him and he was okay with that. This is a picture of Allen petting the elk that did not like Keith. Poor Keith was insulted. lol As soon as Keith got any closer though he would drop his antlers and challenge him.
They had a few bison there. I didn't think they would let people get too close but once they heard the paper bag that the food was in they were all over coming to the fence to get some food. The funny thing is they kind of eat like a cow, ya know reach out with their tongue. This was not expected though, they stick their tongue out, through the fence, then wait for you to drop the food on their tongue. Pretty comical to watch. Oh, and their tongues were so pointy.
I couldn't stop taking pictures of the mountain that this elk farm was nestled up against. It was just so pretty and the way the clouds would sweep across it... It was just so pretty. I wish I knew how to take pictures that would do it justice.
On our way out one of the other bull elks wanted some yummy food out of the bag and to get some lovin' from Allen. It was so funny this elk came up to the fence basically begging. So of course the men obliged. Allen reached through the fence and scratched him behind the ear, like you would a dog. This elk responded the same way a dog would. He turned his head a bit and leaned into it, and look how his eyes kind of closed. Just like a dog. Such beautiful animals.
After the elk farm we went to find a park to eat lunch at and we were thinking about going down through Zions but we didn't have enough time. But we did have time to take a few pics. Here's one of Allen and me.
I think it would look a lot better if I would've been behind the camera taking the picture instead. But the mountain is pretty and Allen looks good anyway.
The picture of the day though ... in my opinion was our nephew beating Allen up.
Maybe it's just me but I see a look in his eye like, "Yeah, that's right, I'm a bad "A". And if I'm not mistaken he's telling me, "I'm #1" with the other hand. Not even a year old and he's already coppin' attitude. What a cutie.
It was so nice to get away from home for a couple days and just relax. No having to worry about dogs even, thanks to my Aunt who is so awesome and stayed at our house to take care of them.



2 comments:
You're gonna have to let me know where that place is. I really wanna take my boys!
I am glad you got to get away for a while. I love all the pictures, the one of you and Al behind the sign is cute! And I am glad you are in it! Your hair is getting long. And pretty as it always has been :) I like the one with Allen and the baby, so funny, so cute. Oh yes, I can say with out a doubt that they are born with thier lil attitiudes from the word GO! He's a stinkin cutie!
Post a Comment