11 February 2010

Weekend Fun

Over the weekend Allen and I went down to Cedar City to visit his little brother and family. We had so much fun! We were going to leave Sat morning but then he got work off so we decided to leave Fri night.
The weather was fine and roads were clear until about 45 min down the road. Then there was snow ... lots of snow. The road disappeared beneath a blanket of white. Then we look up ahead and there is a line of cars and semis completely stopped. Crap! When we get there we realize they are all stopped because the road was slick and the semis couldn't keep going, they had spun out.
Thank heaven for small miracles, just as we were getting to the tail end of the line a plow was turning around to go up our side. We got to follow right on his tail past the line of cars and trucks. I don't know how far we traveled in white blindness. So glad someone thought up the road markers and rumble strips, that was the only way we knew we were still on the road.
Anywho, obviously we made it safely and without accident. Keith met us at the Parawan entrance. He had just gotten off work. It worked out really well because we had never been to their new house. When we got there we just crashed, it was 2:00 am after all.
Saturday we went tubing up at Brian Head. At first I was a little nervous. I hate heights and this hill was big. Not real steep but big. Tall and long. Best kind of hill for tubing. Allen's nephew was skeered to death though. It took over half an hour and one of the workers riding down with him to convince him to go.
The tubes they had had a cover on them and on the cover was a handle. The handle was used to hook us too the line to pull us up the hill and to pull the tube behind you. When you went down the hill you threw it into the center of the tube.
Here's a picture of Allen going down the hill. They were all taken on the flat at the bottom because that's the only place I could stand to take them. You can tell he was at the bottom because he was dragging his feet to slow down.
This is the hill at the bottom they had there to stop you from taking a real long ride down to the road. If you didn't get slowed down enough at the bottom and you hit the tubes at the top of the hill your tubing was over and your pass taken. This isn't even the whole hill. It was a pretty good ride just on the stopping hill going up and back down then to a stop.
Here's a pic of Al's nephew. I just had to throw it in because look at his face! You can see the "woohoo" mixed with a little "holy crap". The second time he went down the worker said tricked him. He told him he was going to ride down with him but ... he didn't. It was so funny because when he got to the bottom and stopped he turned around and the worker was gone. He asked, "Where did he go?"
 
Oh, I didn't mention my crash. Keith tells me it was "spectacular". I don't think Karena got to see it. Allen's disappointed because he didn't get to see it. I'm disappointed because nobody has a picture of it. It must have been good because here it is almost a week later and it still hurts to breathe deep. I think I might have cracked a rib. Right after I couldn't hardly talk or breathe ... it hurt so freaking bad! I haven't slept worth crap since then because I can't assume my "relax to go to sleep" position on my stomach at night. Oh, how I wish I had a picture.
Here we all are in front of the hill. You can't really see it because it's all just white. At the top it has a pretty good drop off to get your speed up, then it levels out for a bit then another hill, the second one isn't as steep but it was a little longer. Then it levels off for quite a bit then up the stopping hill.

 
It was so much fun! Thanks K&K for inviting us down!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I have not been tubing in years and so i am jealous! The older I get the more scared I get about things though. Tubing is a bit dangerous! LOL! Hence, your crash. :( I wish you had a picture of it too, not to laugh or anything but to feel your pain..haha. ;) Anyway, sounds like a great time! I hope to go sometime soon, if not this season, for sure next!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!