I was going through pictures and found a bunch that I felt I needed to post since this is our family journal/scrapbook. The first ones I ran across were from my family Christmas party.
Loren and Wendy came down from Oregon to visit between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So of course we had to have a Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. We had it down at Mom and Dad's condo (in the Falls to be exact). We had food, games, time to visit, and a music/story program.
Even Mom's sister Tam showed up to say hi and hang out for a bit with us! I thought it was cool.
Here's a picture of mom telling all of us to come over and to get our food. I couldn't resist using this picture because I love my mom so much and it depicts her so well...always wanting to take care of family and have them gather closer and she is an optimist through and through so she always has a smile on her face. I hope when I have the blessing of a family of my own I can be just like my mom. Then there is dad always wanting things just perfect and worrying about if there will be enough for everyone and taking care of any loose ends. He is so detail oriented. I love my daddy too.
My nephews are smart and love to problem solve (I think that's why they all like puzzles so much). So stinking cute! My brothers make cute kids ... or their wives anyway. lol
My oldest nephew just kickin' it. What a stud! Not too long and he's gonna be driving ... Ugh! I feel so old!
My sis-in-laws visiting. I love being around these two because when they get together there is constant laughing. They make me laugh and laugh!
Just before the program all the chillins got to decorate cookies. I had to snap a few pictures of these. Love 'em! How bout a little bit of cookie with the sprinkles. Not just this one plate was like that, but everyone of them. I think they had a contest to see who could pile the most on a cookie.
No worries though ... there was a clean up crew.
Then it was time for music program. It was kind of a patriotic story someone would read then a song would be sung that went along with the story and mixed in the story was scripture and such. Sounds odd doing patriotic stuff for Christmas ... but really, it worked. It was awesome.
Cousin's bonding. Cute turds. But then there were enough programs everyone could have one to read along so big brother got down on the floor to read along with little sister.
Afterwards we sat and talked about favorite Christmas memories. Of course kids get bored with just talk but Grandma wouldn't let them play the piano. If you ask me though, they look pretty content getting loved on by Grandma.
I love my family.














2 comments:
Hey, better late than never! :) i have things from last summer I never blogged about but wanted too! eeek! Loved seeing all the pics of your family!!
That was so fun! I am the slowest to get it done. Next time take pictures of your brothers' whole families so I can see all the
cute kids. I heard you went out with Heather and Carrie. Fun times. We think about you a lot.
Post a Comment