Growing up we didn't have a lot but mom had even less.
While in school we always felt like we had a ton of homework but mom did more.
When times got tough and I felt like crying mom already was because she hated seeing me unhappy.
The moments when I thought I would rather be dead mom would take me out to lunch and let me know how special I am.
I would start mixing with the wrong crowd and mom would be there helping me see that's not where I really wanted to be.
The days I felt especially ugly and down on myself mom would be there with a compliment on something specific that I could feel good about.
The times I would be leaving to hang out with friends mom never missed the opportunity to remind me I'm not just her daughter...I'm also a Child of God.
I would get myself into a pickle and mom would help me figure out how to get myself out.
My teenage years were hard but they were much harder on mom.
After I was miserably married mom was there to hold my hand and point me in the right direction for help.
Mom isn't just my Mom she's my best-friend-forever. I don't know why I have the priviledge of being her daughter, quite often I feel I don't deserve her. I am so greatful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with such an honor to call her Mom.
Isn't the first picture cute of my mommy! She told me that was her favorite dress. It was red velvet. Not suprising...she's as good a grandma as she is a mom. Can't tell her grandson loves her at all can ya?



4 comments:
*SOB*! That was a beautiful tribute Teresa! Your mom really does rock. :)
That was truly awesome!!! I teared right up!! Your mom is an absolutely amazing person, and so are you so, of course you deserve her!! I have been thinking of tou a TON this past week. Mother's day, for many years, was the absolute worst day of the year of me. I loved to pay tribute to my mother and mother-in-law, but my heart was in wrenching pain at the same time. Please know that mother's day is just as much for you as it is for me and every other woman!! You are a daughter of God (as your mother often reminded) a loving wife, daughter and aunt. And most definely a mother to be!! And that is a pretty awesome thing!! Happy Mother's Day to YOU!! You deserve a day of recinition as much as the next lady! Much love, xoxo!!!
Hope you can EVEN read and understand my comment above. I just read it again, WOW there are a lot of errors! please forgive! Lol! :)
Teresa I don't remember what prophet said it but I know it was said "ALL WOMEN ARE MOTHERS, wether they have bore children or not they are all mothers!"
Happy mother's Day! It was such a nice surprise having you guys down yesterday. I had fun.
Post a Comment