I can't believe my sweetheart is 35!!! And every year he gets better and better! I just love this guy!!! I thank Heavenly Father everyday for blessing me with such an awesome husband. Not that he's perfect...but a lot closer than I am. I think I married up. He's got such a strong testimony, he's the smartest guy I know, and he loves me unconditionally. What a man!!!
I just worry...are we too old be trying to get pregnant and barely start a family? If we got really lucky and he gets me knocked up before Aug., which he's been threatin' to do for a decade, the baby could be born before his 36th b-day but still that would make him over 50 when the kid graduates. Ahhh! Half way to the grave! Thinking about this I'm seriously wondering if we should just not worry about it and just be happy with our fur-babies...hmmm.
But at the same time I have to look at it this way too. Right now would be a perfect time because our Mona Vie business is starting to take off and if we work really hard within the next year Allen could be a stay home dad and be there for a lot of the pregnancy...that would make the late start worth it. I can't even imagine if my dad would've been able to be a stay home dad. That would've been so awesome!!!
So, being able to provide the kind of relationship with our children that would be possible with both of us always around to provide support in whatever they do...Okay, I do think it would be okay to start a family now. Especially drinking Mona Vie because the Resveratrol in it stops the aging process (according to Dr. Oz and Dr Schauss) so maybe we would be able to live longer happier more active lives with them. Physically I do actually feel younger now and more energetic than I did like 5 yrs ago. Hadn't thought about it until now. Okay, we'll stay the course of trying to concieve.
Wow! That was quite a venting session. I do worry though about being past our prime baby-making years...but I guess that's only according to "Utah standards" hehehe. Anywhere else in the world we're still too young to be settlin' down and building a family.
Sorry about all that but feels good to let it out. :) Been stewin' on it since last night when I realized it was Allen's birthday today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Allen, may you have another fantastic year... Don't worry Teresa, I remember that Dallin Oaks and his wife had their last baby when they were both in their 50's... I always think about that whenever I start to fret about my age in realtion to babies... you never know how much healthy long live God will give ;)
Hope Allen had a great birthday!!
I thought I already commented, so if this is a second one from me, just delete it! :) If it's not a second one, I must have done something wrong the first time.
Anyway, I was going to say, I think you have some good baby makin years in ya! :) You are totally right, Utah makes us feel like our clocks are ticking faster than they really are. I just heard about a lady who is 64 and currently pregnant! Whoa, I am NOT suggesting that though. Lol! My little brother Andy is going to be 19 tomorrow and my mom had him when she was 36. There is a six year age difference in him and the next oldest. My parents knew there was supposed to be one more but did not anticipate him being six years behind. The Lords timing is so difficult and confusing!! If only we could see the big picture. Faith. I am constantly working on it!!! :) Anyway, I guess my point was that I think my parents feel as if they still have plenty of good years left even though my mom had Andy at 36. I don't know...it probably is not much comfort though, I want you to have a BABY NOW!! Not in 5 years. Heavens you have done your share of waiting!! BUT if it takes a little longer, don't worry, I know someone who it worked out ok for, even at 36 :) I used to hate it when people would say things like, "hang in there" I am sure it feels like you have been hangin LONG enough! So I will refrain from saying that. I will just say I am thinking of you and hope and pray for the miracle to come QUICK! xoxoxo
Happy late Birthday Allen!! :)
I agree Utah definitely speeds up the baby clocks!! Athough, there are a TON of mom's and dad's in our ward right now that are in their late 30's, early 40's that are just beginning their families! They all have kids under the age of 4! So it isn't everywhere in Utah! LOL And besides age definitely has advantages in raising kids!! More patience for one thing and a better understanding of life and your faith to name a few others! :) I wish Matt and I had had a few more years experience! I am jealous!
Post a Comment