16 January 2009

What if...

I couldn't sleep tonight. I just lay there staring at the ceiling with all these "what ifs" racing through my head. Some of them very unimportant others so life changing I can't even begin to comprehend the effects on my life and everyone near and dear to me if the "What if" came true. You all know what I'm talking about. Start with one and end up with a million.

Tonight...my "what ifs" feel like a blessing. I know Albert Einstein was correct when he said, “Imagination is everything, it is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” I feel like soon the major "what if" that keeps dancing in my mind is a "coming attraction". My stomach has butterflies and I feel giddy like a little school girl! Maybe it's not going to be real soon, but I know it's going to happen, my spirit feels like it's rejoicing. It's such a foreign feeling because that hope and dream I shelved a while ago.

But...Heavenly Father doesn't put dreams in our heads and hearts to haunt us, which is the way I have perceived my dream for many years. He puts them there so we can learn and grow. Teaching the old fashioned way develop a Dream-Struggle-Victory! I think my struggle might be coming to an end!!! I can almost taste the Victory! I don't know yet what it was I needed to learn through the struggle but I'm sure after the victory party has ended I will be able to look back and know what it was that took me so stinkin' long to learn. And then on to the next Dream-Struggle- (and hopefully) Victory! Read this in a book and boy is it right!

My Father’s way may twist and turn.
My heart may throb and ache.
But in my soul I’m glad I know
He makes no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray.
My hopes may fade away.
But still I’ll trust my Lord to lead
For He does know the way.

Tho night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break;
I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He makes no mistake.

There’s so much I cannot see,
My eyesight far too dim;
But come what may, I’ll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He’ll make
Through all the way, tho dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

A. M. Overton (1932)

I read this in "Dreams of a Woman" and it often comes to mind when I "get feelin' sorry for my poor self". Not a coincidence that it pops in to my mind me thinks. Now that's out of my head I should be able to enjoy a little shut-eye.

2 comments:

Matt N Camie Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing that!! I needed to hear that as well! :) You are so awesome!! :)

Anonymous said...

Man...good stuff! Yup, I think I've been edified!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!