Well, I had another appt with this Dr who knows a ton about PCOS. From the labs that he had done Dr Purser figured out that I DON'T have PCOS. Talk about frustration! That of course came after I peeled myself up off the floor. Ten years of believing something and it's wrong! But he suspects I have MODY , he's pretty sure of it actually. He tells me it's pretty rare, hence the reason doctors have a hard time diagnosing it. He had no problem telling me doesn't have enough knowledge of it to help me (which impressed me) but he does have another patient whom he diagnosed (correctly) with it that is seeing an endocrinologist that specializes in it, that is all he/she does and the coolest part about it...insurance should cover it! Yay! Hopefully, the genetic tests they run will come back positive and the mystery will be over. NO more treating symptoms!
Well, maybe that's not the coolest part, maybe the fact that he gave me his cell phone # and told me to let him know what I find out and how it's being treated and just to make sure to keep him informed the whole way through is the coolest part.
From his assistant that was there, we found out that he really loves helping PCOS women but he kind of specializes in Fibromyalgia. She said having her six kids caused Fibromyalgia and it got to the point that it was very hard to function just doing regular everyday stuff because of the pain, TMJ, fatigue and many other things; and Dr Purser has helped her get back to normal. She went on and on about it and how she loves him as a doctor. His web site which also has a link to his Fibromyalgia blog is http://www.aespmi.com/ but if you just want visit his blog it is http://www.realfibromyalgiarx.com/. I love this Dr. and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! Because if he knows he can't help then he will send you somewhere that can. I am soooooo blessed to have had the chance to see him. Oh yeah, and since he thought that I had PCOS (until he looked at the rest of the lab results) and was wrong...he didn't even charge me for today. Sweet, huh?



No comments:
Post a Comment