12 April 2011

Quick Update

While Al was job hunting, our time to re update our home study came up. New policy is we needed to pay $300 for one (they used to be free) so we weren't able to just do it. The deadline was the end of March then they were going to close our file because we had been on a self-imposed hold for so long. The longer we thought about it the less we felt we should/wanted to keep our file open. So...we are not on the market to adopt any longer. Haven't been for quite a while actually, the first part of March sometime I sent our caseworker an email and just told her to close our file. I think the whole reason we felt so strongly to pursue it was to make it possible for us to get involved with Foster Care and keep the family group of 8 kids together (long story and a long time ago).
Meanwhile, I am now working as a Phys Therapist Aide and loving it! I was so scared to go back to work because the last place I worked was so so so hostile. I hated going to work, so much so sometimes I would cry at night because I didn't want to face another day there. But this new job...LOVE IT! I even go in a bit early somedays of my own accord.
Allen is loving his job too! The atmosphere where he is is pretty laid back (something Micron/IMFT never was) and the people he works with he enjoys. But the work he LOVES! It is his favorite thing to do though, tinkering with little electronic things all day long.
The really strange part about it is our schedules are so similar, we haven't had that since the first couple years we were married. I love seeing him every morning and every night. We even get the same weekends!

3 comments:

Gates Family said...

Congrats on your jobs!! So glad you are loving them!! Glad things are going well at your place. Miss talking to you!! email me... gates underscore tracy at hotmail dot com.

Carrie said...

Teresa!!! I have missed you!!! I was excited to read your post today. :) That's great about your job, and Allen's. Sounds like ypou guys are sittin pretty in the job department. :) And how well your schedules match up, that's great! Your blog is cute, like it always is though. Don't be gone so long next time! Haha, I'm one to talk, I have been SUCKING it up in the blog department! Lol. ♥

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I'm glad to hear about life being awesome to you two. Happiness in working is always a welcome thing :D

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!