06 January 2011

Really? The New Year Already? Oy!

Where to begin? Okay, really there's not much to tell. Not a whole lot went on but, emotions and stress ran thick and deep.
Come Christmas day Allen had been out of work for 1 1/2 months. I didn't think we would ever make it if he lost his job but apparently we were doing better than we thought, OR we can really do without more things than we thought. lol
Since the day we found out he may be losing his job my thoughts and feelings have been of excitement mostly, but there has been anxiety and concerned mixed in there. The excitement to move up and on in life never left me though. This was very strange to me. I always assumed if we had to deal with job loss and unemployment I would freak out...and not just a little.
At the same time I kept feeling like there was a lesson to be learned in all of it. Last Sunday in Sacrament Meeting I think I finally figured it out. Not only did it happen to serve us a big warm dish of humble pie (which it did), it made it possible for the Lord to bless us a LOT. By this happening my testimony has been strengthened and I think it's safe to assume Allen's has too (not that his faith ever waivers, he's got such a strong spirit). A quote from a Bible Church sign has been popping into my head since about a week after Allen lost his job, "Is the Lord your steering wheel or your spare tire?". Every time it pops in there it makes me stop and think about how I have been living my life, and of course I know it's hasn't been exactly in line with what I know to be true. Not that it's been way off track but I know I could be doing better. Lucky for me everyday is a new day and I can try to better than the day before. So far this year...I'm winning. Haha!
Allen started his new job on Tues (Jan 4). He seems to like it. It's really nice for him because they are a more laid back company, the biggest reason he likes it though is because he gets to work on small electronic components doing soldering and stuff. He loves doing that! I am so happy he has a job that he likes and is busy all the time, as opposed to waiting for a machine to break so he can fix it. When I look in his eyes now I can see life. He really was done with his previous job. I think it had been years since he enjoyed it. I am so grateful to have a man that would do something he really didn't enjoy (whatsoever) to support his family.
He sent a resume to a company a week or so ago that he really want to work for. He found the posting on the Workforce Services job search. They said on there though that it was taken from an ad in a paper. When he looked up the company to apply their website said there were currently no openings. But because he's always dreamed of doing a job like that he decided to send them a resume and brief cover letter anyway in hopes they would keep it on file for a while and maybe he would get a call if there was a job opening soon. To his surprise (and mine) his first day at work on his first break his phone rings and he answers it. It was this company calling to set up an interview because they are so interested in having him work for them! His interview is tomorrow. I can't wait to see what happens! It makes me so excited for him that my heart skips a beat when I think about it. I really hope this is the "moving up and on" that I have been hoping for. He would be so happy and love his job!
We are really hoping this year is the year our family will get to grow and increase in size. At the present moment though it's a bit impossible unless by some miracle we can find our own birth mother. Since Allen lost his job we don't have insurance and until very recent we have had no income, both of which are necessary to have our profile published. Not only that before we get published we need to update our home study, in order to that we have to come up with $300. Hopefully it's just a momentary set back.
We almost had a birth mom a few weeks ago though. Allen's parents knew someone who knew of a woman wanting to place her baby. Two days though, two lousy days, before they were able to talk to her about it someone else talked to her and they are going to get to adopt the baby. Sad for us, happy for them. =) We're okay with it though because everything happens the way it does for a reason. Apparently that baby belonged in their family.
We've thought about Foster Care to build our family and talked about it. Neither one of us feels that's the way to go at this point though. As far as making a family we are at a loss. We don't know what we are supposed to do (besides adoption...when we are able to get that back on track). I guess we'll see where 2011 takes us, with the Lord as our steering wheel of course.
Oh, by the way, Christmas was good. We spent the morning at my baby brother's house. We were there, my mom and dad were there, my oldest brother was there and of course Sam and Shilo and all 5 of their kids. To say the least it was entertaining. I was going to get pictures but I forgot my camera at home. Oh well, we had fun. Then on the 26th we made a flying trip down to Cedar City to Allen's baby brother's house, on the way we stopped and picked up his mom, dad, grandma and sister. Did I mention we picked up Jayson to take to his dad's. Not to mention all the gifts that were being delivered . The Expedition was full to capacity. Spending their Christmas afternoon with them was fun too. We got to see lots of kids being spoiled this year. Really kind of sad we didn't get to add to the spoiling. hehe It's really okay though, next Christmas will be better.
I guess for not having much to tell I sure said a lot of words. Seems to be a pretty regular thing lately.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!