I'm so angry at our city!!! Friday afternoon there was a knock on the door. An older guy was standing there. I assumed he was going to ask the usual questions about the shop next door that I have nothing to do with.
So I opened the door and he said, "How are you?"
Me: "Good. How are you?"
Him: "Well, I'm really sorry, but I have to give you a citation for too many dogs."
Me: "Okay..."
Him: "I'm real sorry but the city is really strict on this one."
So I invited him in to where it was cooler and quieter.
I told him that before we got that many we had my brother (who was a cop for the city) look into it and find out what the laws are as far as the number of dogs you can have. He found nothing limiting the number you can have. He insisted it IS a law and the city is very strict.
When he went out to write up the citation I woke Allen up and told him what was going on. He said that's a load of crap because not only did Sam look up the animal laws his Lt did too!
Well, the guy came back in and Allen talked to him about it. Come to find out, it's not in the animal laws it's under the nuisance ordinances!!! Funny thing is he didn't say someone complained because they were being a nuisance. He said he found out because he pulled off the road to talk on the phone and they all came to the fence.
I know they aren't a nuisance because we keep their poop cleaned up so it isn't smelly or anything, and they only bark occasionally because unless there is a good reason to bark we muzzle them. Not only that, the woman across the street whom my mom cleans house for says she never hears them barking!!! She has told my mom that on many occasion because it surprises her because there are so many of them. Grrr!!! So angry!!! and sad:(
Luckily Sam has always had a bond with Rio and they wanted a more sturdy dog for the kids so he took my two favorites. So sad to see them go. But we have already been out to their house twice since Sunday when they picked them up and I think they are going to be just fine. I miss them sooo much though!
I think my in-laws will take Zeus for a time anyway, they want a big dog to sit in the store with my ma-in-law. Until after the court date anyway. Then we will see what the judge says. I'm hoping if I can prove to him that they aren't a nuisance I will be able to keep them. Until then though, they will have new homes to be adjusting to. Hopefully the last one we need to find a new home for (which ever one it may be) will be close and I will get to at least check on him for the first while.
Then there is just one more to find a home for. We don't know if we should find one for Dozer or Mak...or maybe even Skunk. I don't know...how do you choose? They are all my little furbabies. It's so strange to have just the two already gone.
Not only that we picked up a little kitten a while ago. He was supposed to be an outdoor kitty. Somehow it didn't happen. But neither one of us wants another indoor cat so we are looking for a new home for him. Hopefully that happens soon because he is so adorable and plays so well with the dogs!!! So stinkin' cute!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
oh, shoot, that's sad you have to find em new homes. :( that freakin guy...he's the one who is the nuisance. look at you, you were even a responsible citizen and found out he laws before hand....ggrrrr!
I'm so sorry Teresa!! :( What a bum!! He really needs to find a life! GRRRR!! I hope it all goes well! I am sorry I haven't been on in so long! I got a virus on my computer and lost all my favorites I had marked etc. and couldn't remember any of it! :( I sooo hope you are able to fight it and win!
Post a Comment