Over the weekend we took Jer and went to Cedar City to spend time with Keith and Karena. This trip we took Skunk with us...mistake...won't happen again.
First we went to the Discovery park. Jer LOVED it!
Climbing
Sliding
Allen enjoyed the slides too
more sliding
and swinging
He had so much fun! At one point Allen was standing in between Jer's swing and Aiden's swing pushing them both.
Monday when Keith wasn't working we went and found some dirt roads so the boys could go "wheelin". They had a blast it's been sooo long since they have been able to go "wheelin" together.
This how we do take out. Pack some food and take it out, usually in the mountains or hills, to eat it.
Aiden is such a sharer. Here he is trying to feed Karena.
It's hard for kids to go wheelin' having to stay buckled in and everything. So when lunch time came around Allen took Jer for a hike up the road we had just come down. And over to throw some rocks into the old iron mine that was right there.
Skunk didn't want to get left out of the eating. What a beggar.
Then it was off to find rocks to climb.
Who do you think has the better rig for this? lol
After the climbing had been done it was time for the big boys to catch a lizard or two so the little boys could see it and touch it.
I think it was more fun for the big boys to chase them than the little boys to see them.
Actually, while the big boys were chasing Jer got bored and found a mini-sand box and was content playing in the sand.
By the time we were done playing here Skunk was telling me it was time to go sittin' in Jer's seat.
I'm a bit of a geek. But while out "wheelin" I got a lot of pictures of pretty flowers.
My favorite find was the Sego Lily. How pretty!
There was so much Indian Paintbrush! I loved it! It was everywhere. This picture just doesn't do it justice.


Some of the cactus were starting to bloom. One of the prettiest desert flowers. Another few days and the yellow ones would've been in bloom. Too bad I have to miss it.
All in all it was a very fun trip! I think my favorite part though was seeing Allen so happy. Wheelin' with Keith is one thing that recharges him. He didn't know it until after but that was his birthday present...but I think he liked it better than anything I could buy. I love that man!



2 comments:
That looks like so much fun. So glad you guys are able to do things together. Happy Early Birthday to Allen. BTW, love the flowers!! I like to take pics of them too.
I totally take pictures of flowers! Your pics are beautiful! I love the sego lily too, I love to be able to find em. It seems as though they are hard to find sometimes. Maybe I am not looking good enough! I think you should paint them ;)
You are gonna ruin your tires with all that wheelin! Jk, JK! Looks like fun. I love that you are getting J out and about in the world to see and enjoy things, that's so fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment