20 January 2010

Our New Caseworker

Yesterday it hit me how frustrated I am with the whole waiting to be able to adopt. I hadn't really thought about it until visiting with our new caseworker. She asked us how long we have been approved and how many caseworkers we have had. She apologized a million times that we've had so many, it was pretty comical.
I really like her, she had a confident aura about her. It probably has to do with the fact that she is done with school and is settled in life. All of our other caseworkers have been pretty young and in school still or a newlywed or whatever. Just not settled, not quite where they want to be in life. But Stephanie, I think, is going to be great. I really hope she is our caseworker when we are finally chosen...if we ever get chosen. *sigh*
I know there are families that wait way longer than 1 1/2 yrs but for me longer than a couple weeks is a long time to be waiting for anything. lol I don't think it would seem so bad if we hadn't had our hopes up about getting a baby in June or July then...then the mom decided to choose abortion instead of adoption. I still don't and will never understand why, but I guess that's why we are all here to be tested and tried. I know I've failed quite a few trials (a lot of them having to do with patients, lol) in my life most of which only I and the Lord are aware of so who am I to judge her? My heart still aches for her because I don't think there is anyway that she doesn't regret it every day and want to turn back the hands of time to take it back, have it undone so she can choose differently.
Oh, and come to find out yesterday during our visit, our blog hasn't been linked to our profile! Grrr! The only reason I started blogging was to give them a place that they could come to get to know us better. No worries though, we've got that straightened out. Now it is completely obvious where to find our blog. Maybe that will help speed up the process...or it might slow it down if we (or really I since I do the blogging) are psycho or weird and we don't even know it. I don't know, I guess there is just no tellin'. lol

5 comments:

Heather said...

I hope this case worker works out. That would be frustrating working with a new person all the time! Hang in there sweetie. I am a very impatient person also. I would have been so bitter towards everyone and everything by now! You are such a strong person to not give up or be angry at the world! I really admire your faith and positive attitude!

Dennis and Patty said...

Teresa I am so wishing that you will get a baby soon. I'm so glad that things are better with your new caseworker. I'll bepraying for you.

Carrie said...

I love the new blog header. What a cute picture! I too am praying that the new case worker will rejuvinate things. We got a new case worker the June before Dylan was born. She too was a bit wiser (ok, older. lol.) And I felt she was somehow more committed to us. Not sure if that's the perfect right word (comitted) but I just felt more confidence in her I guess. If I am not mistaken (and I could be) I think Shannon was the name of the case worker for Dylan's birthmom. I wonder if it could be the same lady? I agree with you 100% even a week seems like a long time to wait to adopt! I think part of all that plays into the fact that for most couples it was a very long journey just getting to that point. We waited a year and a half before we were blessed with Dylan. That was a TRULY tourtours year and a half. But, the 7, 8 years that were previous were so very difficult as well. There were many tests and trying and totally wrong roads we were sent down. So you are totally justified in your frustration in the amount of time it is taking. You are funny, of course you are not totally psyco or weird!

Praying and thinking of you, as always!!!

Carrie said...

What a tard. I just read your post again and realized your new case worker is Stephanie, not Shannon. DUH! nevermind....I wish I could edit after pressing the publish button. LOL!!

Carrie said...

Sorry, it is not really appropriate for me to say "tard". Seriously, sorry about that. :( I get mouthy sometimes.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tell Me This Isn't The "Cure" For PCOS - I LOVE IT!!!

baby growth
baby

Thanks for visiting!