It's been such a long time...the end of last year really took the wind outa my sails. Guess that's why I haven't posted for so long.
Anywho...the good news is it's the new year now. It seems that the new year is the easiest place to start fresh on things. I've never understood this because every morning we wake up to a new day so why not start fresh then...hmmm.
Anyway, starting fresh this year (still haven't done it completely yet) is going to include but is not limited to: 1. getting healthier, not necessarily losing weight, although I'm sure that will be a by-product of getting healthier 2. being a support and strength to Allen by showing and telling him how I feel about him and let him know how much respect I have for him 3. get better organized, I don't know what happened there, I used to be so organized but now...well, it's another story 4. shrink the gap between the Lord's will and my own. These so often, especially lately, are so far apart I lose track of the Lord's will. It seems to disappear over the horizon. This is not good because his will is unchanging and steadfast so that means only one thing...yup, you got it, it's me moving farther from Him. So we are changing that this year. 5. Get knocked up. I know I don't have any control over this one but the way I see it, if I take care of the other 4 things this one might take care of itself, or someone who can control it will let it happen.
I guess we'll see. Hopefully I'll not be absent so long again.
Hope you all had a happy and joyous Christmas, and I wish you a happy new year! Little late I know...sorry.



3 comments:
I'm so glad you blogged. I've missed ya!
Happy New Year to YOU to! I loved what you said about each new day actually being a new beginning. You don't neew to wait till the new year. That's so true. I need to remember that sometimes whe I feel I have been the meanest mom, or not a good friend or wife, etc..That tomorrow is a new day. I didn't do any new years resolutions per se. But i really think I need to sit down and evaluate myself and make some adjustments. The first month of a new year is just about as good a time as any! :)
One more thing. Sorry. I also liked what you said about the LOrd being in one spot. It's us who moves further away. That gives me a lot to think about as well. I see it like we are either moving forward or we are moving backward. There TRULY is no such thing as standing still. I see myself as standing still A LOT, But actually I know it's moving backwards. Ummm. Hope that made sence. You always provoke a lot of thought in me, and I LOve that!!! Glad to see you back on the ol blog too!
Post a Comment