This morning Sam (my baby brother) and I were going to visit family together. He drove his patrol car to my house because he had to go to court later, and I was going to drive. Everything was lookin' good. Leaving a little early and everything.
I was backing out of our driveway when I either heard a clunk sound or felt a little jolt or maybe I saw the roof of his patrol car right outside the back window of the Expedition. Honestly I don't have any idea. I just remember something made me realize that the vehicles were exchanging paint. Not a good feeling. Then to see the look on his face when he realized what I had done...oh dear.
I just love my family though. I think for a couple seconds maybe minutes he was not happy, but then I heard him chuckle. That was a little bit of relief but not much, I still felt like a complete idiot, and for good reason. Ya know, it was small enough had it been his own car...eh...not a big deal. Of course that would be too simple, I had to hit the patrol car.
One cop showed up and was giving us a hard time then a lieutenant showed up but, hey, that wasn't enough, since Sam works for the city where it happened we had to get visited by another cop from a different city. Talk about embarrassing!
Poor Sam, though, when he goes to work I'm sure he'll catch a bunch of crap. They were already starting in the driveway while we were filling out papers. I don't fully understand it though because he sure wasn't the one behind the wheel.
Oh well...whaddayado? Just had to share. One of those times I really wonder where my mind was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Man, I'm sorry that happened to you!
Oops! hehe Don't worry I have run into a few garbage cans and I once ran over a shopping cart! hehe
Post a Comment