I used to love Halloween. It was fun dressing up, especially when you got to do the parade around the school. The decorations used to be cute witches, vampiric bats with smiles, pumpkins with goofy smiles and cute ghosts (kind of like Casper). Now it seems Halloween has changed it's face to ugly, scary and dark. What happened to the cute Halloween?
I go into WalMart and look for cute decor and it's all blood-splattered or oozing, grotesque faces things that look like something that climbed back up from the pits of "heck". Is it just me? Or has Halloween changed it's costume from cute and fun for kids to scary, dark and evil? A reason for parties and drinking and other things?
I thought it was just me that had noticed this transformation, until someone told me they went to three different stores looking for cute Halloween decor and finally gave up. It's interesting to me. I've never been much of a Halloween fan, but it seems the non-fan has turned completely against it.
I guess it could also have something to do with the fact that I have no kids. It seems people say kids change everything. Maybe if I had kids it would change this attitude...who knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm Totally with ya!! Yep, it has changed into scary, dary and kinda gross! I am all about the cute Halloween as well!! Amen sista.
I have to agree with you!
I feel the same way, guess we'll be making home-made costumes for the kids!
I am not much of a fan of Halloween myself. Despise it in fact. Such a HUGE pain in the behind! I tried SOOO hard to get my kids to go to Moab for Halloween instead of staying here! The older two were all for it but I couldn't convince Tyson and Dillan to go for it... I even offered to buy them each 4 bags of candy and Monsters VS Aliens and STILL no go! :P I agree it has turned into yucky gore everywhere!
Post a Comment